This post may contain affiliate links which means I make a small commission if you click on any external links and make a purchase. For more information, visit my Legal Stuff page. I value your support and always promise to prioritize my honest opinion over any monetary gains..
Last week, I was honored to receive a nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award, a recognition for bloggers from their peers for being “creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community”.
My blogging journey started blogging started about 2 years ago while I worked as a 911 dispatcher, but I didn’t get really serious until about 9 months ago.
It has been the most exciting, rewarding, scary, whirlwind journey of my life. I have met so many amazing, inspiring people along the way and I feel blessed to call myself part of the blogging community.
My nomination came from Lori of Circle Square Oval. Lori’s blog is a beautiful resource for anyone looking to live a more meaningful, purposeful, healthy life. She speaks right from the heart as she guides you through everyday tips for cleaning, exercising, travel and living a healthier life with essential oils.
I met Lori through my blogging community, The Secret Tribe, and I feel incredibly lucky to have connected with her through the wild wild web! She has been an inspiration and a beautifully positive light in my life. I am beyond grateful her friendship and support as well as her nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
What exactly is the Sunshine Blogger Award? It is an acknowledgment award extended from one blogger to fellow bloggers. As I mentioned above, it specifically honors those bloggers who are “creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community”.
How It Works
There are a few rules that come along with this nomination in order to continue spreading those lovely rays. They are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their website.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award Rules and display the logo (there are many versions!) available.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you for the award.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees of their nomination.
Questions from My Nominator
- How did you decide on your blog name? I’ve always found myself to be a bit of a walking contradiction. I am soft and dainty like lace, but also a bit sharp around the edges.
- What was the topic of your very first blog post? It’s a private post now because of privacy reasons, but I wrote it when I was working in dispatch. I wrote about the life as a 911 dispatcher and how it felt to live in the ‘Thin Line’ family.
- What countries have you traveled to and which was your favorite? I am very much a homebody now, but I was a pretty well-traveled child. We went to Mexico, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, The Abacos and lots of other places I can’t even remember. I think Jamaica was my favorite… mainly because I got to play with all the feral cats and I always got my hair braided when we went!
- If a movie were made of your life, who would be your dream actor to play you? Teri Hatcher. Only because I can wholeheartedly relate to Susan Mayer in Desperate Housewives. She means well, but she always ends up getting herself into odd situations. She is also a clumsy mess like me.
- Do you prefer dogs or cats? Both. All animals. Mainly animals with fur… but I appreciate all lives. If it’s an animal that needs a home, it can always find refuge at our house! (Shh… don’t tell Hunter!)
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night owl. Always have been and probably always will be. I do enjoy mornings, but if you’re waking me up early, you better have a really good reason and lots of snacks.
- Do you do any writing other than your blog? I’m working on a few smaller memoir-type pieces that are going to be gifts for loved ones this holiday season. I’m also 2 chapter in to a book about INFJs and how parents can better relate to their children if they suspect they are an INFJ child.
- Are you involved in any volunteer activities? I did a lot of volunteer work in college and some work with rescue animals a few years back. I’m finally getting back into it with a few neighbors. This year, we’re going to help with some events that feed public safety workers and the poverty-stricken families in our community.
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time? I enjoy spending every second of free time I have with Hunter and my fur kids. We also spend a lot of time with my parents on their farm gardening and enjoying nature. I also love reading, writing, reading tarot cards, crafting and making natural body products.
- Who inspires you to be a better person? My aunt who passed away about 13 years ago. She was the most real, self aware, loving, caring, positive person I’ve met in my entire life. She also lived a very healthy, natural lifestyle that I am trying to emulate in my own life. I miss her dearly, but I carry her spirit with me wherever I go.
- If you could choose anyone, alive, dead, or fictitious, who would you like to have dinner with? While I know it sounds very cliche, I would love to speak with Gautma Buddha. There has always been something that has drawn me to him and his words. I’d love to know how much we know about him is truly him and his teachings vs how much humanity has warped his words.
My Nominees for The Sunshine Blogger Award
I’d like to nominate my blogging bestie, Vee from Designs By Vee. She’s my sharp-mouthed sister (with a lot more style). She posts fashion tips, home decor ideas and my favorite of all: retail rants. She isn’t afraid to spill the retail tea and tell you how it really is from the associate’s point of view. She is also a graphic designer for anyone that wants to boost their Pinterest game! The word ‘busy’ doesn’t even begin to describe this woman, but ‘driven’ does!
One of my favorite introverts of all time, Gina from Limit Breaker. She has personally helped me on so many levels as an introvert and INFJ. The entire purpose of her business is to empower other introverted business women into recognizing and harnessing their full potential. She even has a Facebook Group for Introverted Business Women. She focuses on simplicity and authenticity and it just truly oozes from the words she writes!
Steph with Steph’s Social Pie is another blogger that writes to inspire! She dishes out tons of awesome advice for newbie bloggers (like myself)… and let me tell you, she knows the ins-and-outs of it all! But, she doesn’t stop there. She also writes about health, wellness, beauty and other fun relatable content. Steph even gives us a glimpse into her own life journey, so you really feel like you know her!
Becky from SheeHouse & Co is one of my inspirations that I look to when I’m feeling creatively blocked. She is a small handmade business that makes tons of beautiful crocheted goodies. Swimsuits, baby blankets and outfits… everything she makes is a piece of art! She also writes some beautiful content about kindness and resolving anger that speaks to my soul.
Hayley is one of my overseas blogging friends and she runs a fun, sweet blog over at Daisy Change. She writes about all kinds of topics, but I really appreciate her posts about personal growth, authentic living and mental health. She’s apologetically real and I love that! Plus, she is so incredibly supportive of everyone she meets. Knowing Hayley is like having your own persona cheerleading squad!
Leslie Scarpa is a blogger friend that I knew in ‘real-life’ before I knew her as a blogger! She’s an empty-nester, a teacher and a consultant for Rodan & Fields. Besides having tons of insider tips for looking young and youthful, Leslie focuses on how to keep your mind youthful and happy as well. She uses her blog as a tell-all for her struggles and successes as an entrepreneur!
Andrea from Pine Tree Farmhouse shares content that stirs the hippie in my soul. She lives a beautifully simplistic lifestyle and it really inspires me to do more as a human-being. She shares recipes, gardening tips and some of the most tasty recipes you’ve ever tried. Excuse me while I go grab some of the sourdough bread she taught me to make….
Mercy from the Comforts of Home Midwifery is an angel placed on Earth to help mothers and babies. I never expected myself to connect with her because I’m not a mother nor am I planning to be anytime soon. However, Mercy has opened my eyes and my heart so much. She shows the beautiful truths of motherhood and childbirth that I have honestly never seen in my life.
Roxana from Honestly Rox is another introverted friend that I’ve met (through Gina) and I totally adore. Her mission is to help introverts understand their introversion and grow from it! She offers lots of amazing resources, courses and E-books to help introverts be the best version of themselves.
Shellie Lynn is another Wellness Blogger that really makes me want to improve myself and grow. She is what I would call a ‘family advocate’. She works to help moms navigate their busy lives and still incorporate more natural, healthy routines. I really love her posts about essential oils and removing toxins from your home.
Chris from Brilliant Marketing is my overseas blogging teacher. He posts brilliant tips and tricks to improve your social media presence and drive traffic to your blog. He is the king of multitasking, so you can find him everywhere! He even runs a YouTube channel to help people work through the steps if you need a visual aid.
11 Questions For My Nominees
- What inspired you to begin blogging?
- How did you decide on the niche or topics you write about?
- What accomplishment in your life are you most proud of?
- What is the most fond memory you have growing up?
- Aside from the bare necessities, what do you need in your every day life to be happy?
- What are 3 adjectives that you believe your friends and family would use to describe you?
- What do you consider to be the most interesting thing about you?
- If you had all the money you needed to live the exact life you dreamed about, what would you spend your time doing?
- What topic could you give a 40 minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
- What is something that a ton of people are obsessed with but you just don’t get the point of it?
- What is your own personal definition of the word ‘happiness’?
I’d like to thank Lori again for nominating me for this award. Blogging is absolutely nothing like what I thought it really would be, but it has meant so much more than I ever thought it could. It has become a creative outlet, a career and a way to build friendships I never would have had the opportunity to meet before.
Take some time out of your day to go show appreciation for your community and your inspirational friends!!!